Vacancy: Coates Parish Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer
4 Hours per week
Salary: National salary scale – £10.57 hourly plus daily homeworking allowance.
The clerk’s role is crucial, not only in supporting the council, but in ensuring that its business is done on time and in the correct way. It’s an interesting and varied role that combines some administration, with community engagement, setting policies and working with the rest of the council to ensure that the Coates village community is represented and served well.
The Parish Council comprises seven councillors.
Visit our website: www.coatesparish.org.uk
Coates Parish Council is seeking a Parish Clerk:
- Able to work from home as required
- Able to work on own initiative and in partnership with councillors
- Able to prepare agendas and minutes
- Appropriate level of knowledge of financial management (simple budget management and accounting) and general office administration including word processing and spreadsheet usage.
- Suitable level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Appropriate training will be made available as required
- A willingness to work evenings and additional hours if required.
The clerk will work from home but travel to periodic Parish Council meetings which take place in the Coates Village Hall and in delivering papers to councillors as necessary. Own transport is essential for which mileage is paid. A laptop and printer will be provided for Parish Council work.
Applications should include an up to date CV and reasons for applying for the post and should be sent to the Chair of the Council, Richard Harrison – email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 20 November 2019 with interviews taking place within the following 2 weeks.